Smoothies are all the rage. They can be healthy and a great meal replacement. As far as getting my son to eat more leafy vegetables, smoothies are an excellent way of sneaking in veggies.
Who doesn’t love a good smoothie? I know, right?
If you want to start your day off with a quick, easy, healthy, and delicious smoothie… try this one, it’s full of vitamins, too.
Fresh Start Smoothie
- 2 cups fresh greens, any combination of baby spinach, baby kale, baby Swiss chard will be delicious
- 1 clementine
- 1.5 cups mixed organic frozen berries (I used blueberries, cranberries, raspberries and cherries)
- ½ cup juice or liquid of your choice (I like pineapple juice, but apple and orange juice is great, too)
- Thoroughly wash your greens and rinse the frozen berries.
- Place the peeled clementine in the bottom of the blender along with the liquid.
- Next add in the mixed greens and top with the frozen berries.
- You can process the smoothie right away or wait 5 to 15 minutes for them to slightly soften. That would speed up the blending process but it not necessary. My blender spun this into a fantastic smoothie in seconds after waiting about 5 minutes.
Serve immediately and enjoy!