Love is in the air! It’s almost Valentine’s Day and although love should be in the air every day, it’s about to get official. One thing that almost everyone wants on Valentine’s Day is sweets for their sweetheart. These Chocolate Scones for Valentine’s Day are perfect.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one of these links and make a qualifying purchase, I may earn a commission. This post was updated on 1/24/2023.
I’ve been trying new recipes and looking on Pinterest and Googling for just the right Valentine’s Day dessert to make for my husband. I also want something a little different.
I want to make something that he will enjoy and that he knows I took some time and thought into making. Because he is worth it. I think this chocolate scones recipe will do the trick.
This recipe returns fluffy, light scones, instead of a harder version, which works well with the chocolate chips.
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 3 tbsp sugar
- ⅔ cup sour milk, or buttermilk
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- sugar for sprinkling
- Before you begin mixing ingredients, prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease it. Set your oven to preheat to 450F and arrange the tray so that it is in the center rack space.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar. Mix well, ensuring that there are no clumps.
- Add the cubed butter to the dry mix and use your hands to mix it all in, creating a crumbly mixture.
- Add the milk and chocolate chips to the mixing bowl and combine everything until the dough sticks together in a ball.
- Lightly flour a clean surface where you can flatten out the dough. Split the large dough ball into two smaller dough balls. Place one dough ball onto the floured surface and use your hands to pat it flat into a round disk that is 1 ½” to 2” thick. You don’t really want to flatten it out too much, just take it from a ball to a round disc.
- Use a butter knife to cut the disc into six to eight wedges. Arrange the scone wedges onto the baking sheet. Repeat with the second dough ball.
- Bake scones in the oven for 12-15 minutes. Pull the scones out and lightly sprinkle them with sugar, return the scones to the oven for an additional 15 minutes. Allow scones to cool for 10 minutes and serve.
I think your sweetheart will love these homemade chocolate scones for Valentine’s Day! If you don’t have the time and want something chocolate but easier or quicker, try this no-bake Chocolate Lasagna dessert.
Do you plan on making a special Valentine’s Day dessert for a special someone? If so, what?
Donna is a Content Creator, Marketer, Brand Ambassador, Social Media Consultant, former teacher, wife, and proud mom. Blog by Donna encompasses all that… she writes about family life and being a woman while weaving in articles about the brands and products she and her family love.