Between working hard to support his family, helping with the kids, and doing things to alleviate stress for Mom, Dad’s do a lot for their families.
I know how fortunate I am to have a husband who is a very active participant in co-parenting our son. I am equally blessed with a stepdad that has always been, in my mind and in my heart, my dad.
My son has two great role models of how to be a good man and father some day himself, in my husband and dad.
Father’s Day is celebrated all over the world; just at different times depending upon where you live.
In North America and the United Kingdom we celebrate Father’s Day on the third Sunday in June.
This year we want you to throw away that tie idea and get creative when thinking about…
How to celebrate Dad this Father’s Day:
What Makes That Special Dad In Your Life Happy
- Plan one activity for Father’s Day weekend that he will enjoy stress free. Maybe Dad is into boating, fishing, golfing or dirt bikes. Whatever he enjoys plan a day of it!
- Be creative in asking Dad what it is he enjoys doing. Find out what de-stresses him because we all know most Dad’s won’t openly discuss this.
- Maybe he’s a tech loving dad like my husband and dad.
Get Creative With The Celebration of Father’s Day
- You don’t have to spend a lot of cash to make Dad feel special. Try making a homemade gift.
- Plan a late night candlelit dinner, just the two of you after the kids are asleep.
- Tape up small love notes in random household locations.
- Make homemade cards with the kids and bake his favorite dessert that the kids can help make to add extra love.
- Let Dad relax, don’t ask a single thing of Dad on Father’s Day.
There are so many ways to celebrate Dad this Father’s Day and make him feel special….
Having one day a year to feel like the King of his castle will really help boost Dad in a way that makes him realize he is just as special as Mom is all year round.
Try to make this year special by celebrating Dad all weekend long with activities he enjoys, time to relax, and a meal prepared for a King.
Although we do celebrate my husband all weekend, I hope that he and my dad feel like it’s Father’s Day, every day.
How do you celebrate the special dads in your life on Father’s Day?