I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Cascade. I received a product sample to facilitate my review and a promotional item as a thank you for participating.
My dishwasher is old. Seriously old. It came with our house when we bought it over fifteen years ago. We are fairly certain it’s around 20 years old. The thing is… it still works – *knocks* wood. And for the most part, it works quite well.
They don’t make things like they used to.
However, I usually rinse my plates off before putting them in the dishwasher… just in case. I’ve use Cascade Dishwasher Powder for like, ever. For the most part, I’ve been very happy with my dishwasher detergent,but have noticed that my glasses do not look “sparkling” clean.
I recently tried Cascade Platinum Pacs. I’ve never used pacs before, not sure why, but I am a creature of habit. I started out using powder and that’s just what I’ve always used. But I was up for the challenge…
As you can see from the above photo, the glass on the left looks like it has a film on it. After I used the new Cascade Platinum Pacs the same glass (on the right) looks sparkling clean.
My actual dishwasher even is cleaner. There’s a reason for that, too…
What it is: Cascade© Platinum Pacs deliver the most powerful clean available from Cascade while simultaneously helping to maintain the sparkling look of your clean dishwasher interior.
How it works: Cascade© Platinum Pacs feature an advanced triple action recipe that is specially designed to leave dishware virtually spot-free and help prevent the build-up of hard-water film on dishwasher walls.*
*Use a dishwasher cleaner to remove existing build-up on wall interiors.
Why you need it: Cascade© Platinum Pacs achieve a top-tier clean so powerful that they even help keep your dishwasher machine sparkling and deliver a variety of dish care benefits:
- Powers away tough, 24 hour stuck-on food
- Eliminates the need to pre-wash dishes
- Helps maintain the look of new machines and helps prevent additional hard-water build-up
- Delivers exceptional dishware shine
Availability and Prices: Beginning in March 2013, Cascade©Platinum Pacs will be available in Fresh and Lemon Burst scents at mass merchandisers, grocery and retailers nationwide.
I’m definitely sold on the new Cascade Platinum Pacs and they will be the only thing I use in my dishwasher, now. I’m going to enjoy eating food on my plates even more, now.
I do believe there is a reason for this, too…. with all the cooking shows on TV, and the ever-growing popularity of Instagram and Pinterest, it’s obvious we eat with our eyes. Have you noticed how Facebook has exploded with photos of food recipes recently?
We watch a lot of cooking shows, and our son (who is 10) will even make comments on the presentation of food. He even knows the importance of a well-plated meal.
Top Chef judge and editor of Food+Wine magazine, Gail Simmons, has partnered with Cascade to discuss why presentation is just as important as preparation.
Check out this video of Gail Simmons where she tells you how important plating is, as well as a sparkling clean plate:
Right now Cascade Platinum has a contest going on… check out the details.
The Cascade “My Platinum” contest is a four week Instagram contest encouraging fans to upload photos related to the weekly contest themes. Show off how sparkly Cascade makes all your pots, pan, and plates!
- Visit the #MyPlatinum Instagram contest page for information on how to enter and submit images:
- Each week, two contestants will be selected to receive a brand new Whirlpool dishwasher. Additionally, one lucky grand prize winner will receive a Platinum kitchen makeover!
- To win, users have to both register and upload a photo with the #MyPlatinum hashtag and tag @MyCascade. Participants that have not registered will be disqualified from winning.
- Each week will have a 6-day entry period where Instagram users can enter the contest with their #MyPlatinum Photo. Cascade will choose two weekly winners and one final grand prize winner after the entry period has ended. Please be sure to include both the #MyPlatinum hashtag and tag @MyCascade in your entries to the contest!
- Week 1: My Platinum Plate (Entry Period: 6/3-6/9)
Show us your best dish styled from the sparkling plate up!
- Week 2: My Platinum Bite (Entry Period: 6/10-6/16)
Show us your best bite and most creative use of sparkling silverware!
- Week 3: My Platinum Clink (Entry: 6/17-6/23)
Show us how you serve up creative concoctions in sparkling glasses. Cheers!
- Week 4: My Platinum Table (Entry Period: 6/24-6/30)
Show us your sparkling tablescape for your most special celebrations!
- Grand Prize Winner (Entry: 6/3-6/30)
- Week 1: My Platinum Plate (Entry Period: 6/3-6/9)
What a fun contest. I know I could use a kitchen makeover!
Be sure to like Cascade on Facebook to keep up to date on all the latest My Platinum news and coupons.
Disclosure: I received compensation for this post but all opinions are 100% my own and may differ from yours. I will only endorse companies, products and services that I believe, based on my own experiences, are worthy of endorsement.
Donna is a Content Creator, Marketer, Brand Ambassador, Social Media Consultant, former teacher, wife, and proud mom. Blog by Donna encompasses all that… she writes about family life and being a woman while weaving in articles about the brands and products she and her family love.