This is a very delicious, healthy and easy basic summer corn salad recipe. This is a great way to use the corn out of your garden! You can add your favorite veggies to it or prepare it just as the recipe calls for. You could try adding black beans, red onion or green onions instead of white or yellow onions or bell peppers. The most important part of this salad for me personally, is the basil vinaigrette dressing.
- 6 ears corn, husked and cleaned (frozen or canned will work)
- 3 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar (more or less to your liking)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook corn in boiling water for 7 to 10 minutes, or until desired tenderness. Drain, cool, and cut kernels off the cob with a sharp knife.
- In a large bowl, toss together the corn, tomatoes and onion.
- Whisk together basil, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Pour over salad.
- Chill until serving.
I hope you enjoy this refreshing, lite summer salad as much as we do! If you have a favorite summer salad recipe please share it with us. Hope to hear from you. Enjoy life!