I always loved dancing. I can’t remember a time I didn’t love dancing. For some time I got so busy with life and work that I didn’t dance so much.
Since I’ve started my weight loss journey I’ve been more active. Mainly walking. More recently running. Have I told you I hate running? I do… but I must confess I don’t hate it as much as I did at first. I’m not sure if I’ll ever love running, though.
This past week I’ve started dancing. A lot. I had forgotten just how much I loved it.
And dancing is great exercise. It’s easy exercise for me because I enjoy it so much that it doesn’t feel like exercise.
We also went on our first hike in over 6 months yesterday. It was a 4.5+ mile easy-to-moderate hike. There were a few steep hills that reminded me how out of shape I still am… but all-in-all it was a blast. It was sunny and in the high 50s/low 60s. The nicest day we’ve seen here in awhile. Beautiful day for a hike.
I’m posting this post on Sunday, because quite frankly, Mondays are usually crazy busy for me that I forget to post my #Mamavation Monday post. But I don’t do my weekly weigh-ins until Monday morning. So I’ll update this post tomorrow morning with the results.
UPDATE: As promised…
- Week 1 (Oct. 15, 2012) – 166.5 (I was at least 170.5 at my heaviest, but when I officially started this journey, I was 166.5)
- Week 2 162 lbs – 4.5 pound loss
- Week 3 160 – 2 pound loss
- Week 4 157.5 – 2.5 pound loss
- Week 5 157 – .5 pound loss
- Week 6 157 – 0 pound loss
- Week 7 155.5 – 1.5 pound loss
- Week 8 154 – 1.5 pound loss
- Week 9 153 – 1 pound loss
- Week 10 153 – 0 pound loss
- Week 11 152 – 1.5 pound loss
- Week 12 151.5 – .5 pound loss
- Week 13 150 – 1.5 pound loss
- Week 14 148.5 – 1.5 pound loss
- Week 15 148 – .5 pound loss
- Week 16 146 – 2 pound loss
- Week 17 145.5 – .5 pound loss
- Week 18 144 – 1.5 pound loss
- Week 19 142.5 – 1.5 pound loss
Total weight loss: 24 pounds. I neglected to take my measurements with the exception of my waist. I didn’t take my waist measurement until about week 4. So my total inches lost around my waist was probably a good 3-4 inches more… I went from a 45 inches (I was very thick waisted) to 33 inches this morning. That’s 12 inches! Yay!
How is your weight loss journey going?
Donna is a Professional Blogger, Brand Ambassador, Social Media Consultant, Freelancer, wife, and proud mom. Blog by Donna encompasses all that… she writes about family life and being a woman while weaving in articles about the brands and products she and her family love.