College education is expensive. But then again, if you want to be assured of a brighter future, a College Degree is required.
If you want to establish a career later on then you should pursue College education. It may cost you a lot but there are definitely ways in which you can save for it. Here are five ways you can:
- Save money on books. While in school, books and reading materials can be hard to obtain especially is you don’t have enough financial resources. But the good news is you can still avail of these references without spending too much. Save money by borrowing textbooks and references at your school or community library. Or better yet, you can borrow books from friends and neighbours who no longer need them. Instead of buying expensive reading materials, you can also download e-books for free. Some textbooks are now available with an online version so you can take advantage of that.
- Save money on transportation. You can also save a lot of money when you try to cut costs on your transportation. For instance, you can ask friends to practice carpooling. You can take turns driving the car and divide the cost of gasoline among yourselves. If your school is just a few blocks away from home, you can take a walk or ride a bike going there. You can also take public transportation such as the bus.
- Save money on food. Another way you can save money is to cut down on food costs. You spend a lot of money when you eat outside so why not prepare your own food at home? As much as possible, avoid trips to the restaurant or café because you will be surely be paying more. You can buy ingredients and even ready to cook meals at your local grocery store.
- Save money on clothes. Getting the latest clothes is cool but can you really afford it? Save money on clothes and accessories by mixing and matching old ones. You can also shop for clothes during big sales at the mall so that you can save as much as fifty percent. You can also look for coupons which you can use to purchase clothing.
- Get a part time job. Finally, you can save money for College by getting a part time job. You can try babysitting, dog walking, running errands for a neighbour, and even venture into online marketing, writing, and tutorial services. You can then save your salary for your education.
College may be expensive but there are a lot of ways in which you can save money for it. Just follow these simple tips and you will surely go a long way.
Looking for ways to pay for college? Check out www.grant-applications.org/ to see if you qualify for a grant!
Donna is a Content Creator, Marketer, Brand Ambassador, Social Media Consultant, former teacher, wife, and proud mom. Blog by Donna encompasses all that… she writes about family life and being a woman while weaving in articles about the brands and products she and her family love.
Great tips! Thanks for sharing.
I know students sold textbooks to each other when my daughter was in school and it was beneficial to both parties!
I took public transportation in school, it saved a lot.
I’m still paying on my own student loans!! If I only knew then what I know now. I know that my kid’s are much more responsible and pro active than I ever was about my education and for that I am proud!
This will be my daughter next year! She is planning on going someplace close to home, so hopefully she can take advantage of a lot of these! I really hope she can either rent or borrow books! They are so expensive. Thanks for the tips.
I think the getting a job tip is awesome! I think more college students would be responsible, not goof off and party so much if it was their own hard earned money on the line.
Great tips! Especially the one about preparing food at home. Eating out can add up FAST!
Thanks for the great tips
Really great tips! College costs are so out of hand! 🙂
These are some really good tips. Thanks!
Great tips! Thanks for sharing!
These are good tips
In order to save money, consider going to community college first. You can get an associates in two years in your field of interest and then transfer some of your credits to a four-year institution in order to complete your bachelor’s degree. That way, you won’t have as many loans or have to pay as much tuition for your degree.
Comments are closed.