This is a perfect list for the start of summer! It's not technically Summer till June 20th (or is it the 21st?). But summer has officially started here. In my house. For my family. So here are 10 of my random summer memories:
1. I lost my bikini top (I was 13). The sad thing is, I didn't realize it. My sister yelled at me, telling me I'd lost it. What's even sadder, I was so flat chested, it didn't really matter.
2. Sunburns. This was back when no one really used sunscreen. You never heard the words skin cancer, and everyone laid out in the sun or in tanning beds. I knew girls that used butter and motor oil on their body while tanning. Anyway, I seemed to always have a bad sunburn the beginning of summer, and a nice tan by the ned of summer.
3. My son's first time at the beach. He was two, and he was in awe of the sand, the ocean, the condo. Yep, the condo. He would refer to the condo as Myrtle Beach. So after we'd be gone for awhile, and he was tired, he would say I want to go back to Myrtle Beach. It took us a few minutes to realize what he meant. lol. We heard, "I want to go back to Myrtle Beach", many times that week.
4. My first summer job. It was babysitting, and I spent pretty much the whole summer doing it, and I loved it.
5. Being mooned. Yeah, for some reason it sticks out in my mind. I was with one of my besties, and a group of guys just stopped in front of us and mooned us. We were shocked, stunned, and left laughing our clothed behinds off.
6. Church camp. More specifically, the first time I went to church camp. It was so much fun! It was the first time I had spent that much time away from home. I won a blue ribbon for being part of the winning baseball team, and a trophy for a drama thing.
7. Read-a-Thons. What I mean by this is, I get a lot of reading done during the summers. So, the first summer I remember doing this, I read over 75 books. I have at least 25 books I plan to read this summer.
8. Sleeping in. Not sure if this is a summer memory, but it's one of my favorite things about summer.
9. Going to the pool (wouldn't go to those public toilet, I mean pools, at all now) with all my girlfriends.
10. Drive-In Movies. The first drive-in I remember going to was when I was 12. It was Bedknobs and Broomsticks. I have fond memories of going to the drive-in during the summer.
Donna is a Content Creator, Marketer, Brand Ambassador, Social Media Consultant, former teacher, wife, and proud mom. Blog by Donna encompasses all that… she writes about family life and being a woman while weaving in articles about the brands and products she and her family love.