My favorite kind of cookie is oatmeal cookies. Even though I’m a huge chocolate lover, oatmeal cookies are by far my favorite and I’m always looking for recipes that are soft and chewy. As much as I may love oatmeal cookies, they have to be soft and chewy.
If you’re looking for the perfect soft and chewy oatmeal cookie recipe this is it… in fact, I bet you’ll be calling these, “The Most Addictive Oatmeal Cookies” you’ve ever eaten!
This recipe is adapted from an oatmeal cookie recipe from the Joy of Cooking cookbook. Check out the recipe and give them a try… please come back and let me know what you think of them. You can get a printable version of this addictive cookie recipe here.
Soft Chewy Oatmeal Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (I did NOT add this)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup quick rolled oats
- 3/4 chocolate chips (or half chocolate chips and half dried cranberries or Craisins)
- Cream butter with sugars until smooth. Next add the egg, vanilla and milk. Beat until smooth. Combine the dry ingredients and mix with the wet ingredients. Beat until smooth again. Fold the chocolate chip and the craisins.
- Drop cooking in 2 inches apart on a well greased cookie sheet. Slightly press on each cookie to flatten them (I put it in the fridge for about 1 hour).
- I like making large cookies – either 3 or 4 inches – using a large ice cream scoop.
- Preheat oven to 350. Bake to about 10 minutes – before they turn golden brown. Allow to cool at least 5 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to wire rack.
Just remember not to over bake them. Remove before they turn golden. That’s key to keeping them soft. Here’s some great baking products to help you get the best results when baking cookies.
I hope you enjoy these oatmeal cookies as much as we do. Warning! They really are addictive!
Remember, if you like this post, please take the time to follow all my projects and finds here on Pinterest. You can also pin these addictive soft chewy oatmeal cookies for later.
If you click through one of these links and buy something, I’ll earn some money, so thank you.