Whether your kids are returning to junior college or a university, they probably have a digital device. Your kids likely have a laptop they’ll use for YouTube and the occasional homework assignment. They could have a smartphone or tablet with lots of precious photos and music on it.
In addition, busy students have two curious traits: they rarely take the time to backup and they tend to frequently misplace or drop their devices. Before school starts and disaster strikes, students should consider a cloud storage service to keep their school files safe and accessible.
Why do student devices need to be backed up? Because accidents happen and hardware isn’t meant to last forever. Eventually most phones and cameras will give out, get lost or find themselves taking a little swim.
Never fear! We have a quick step-by-step guide on how to back up your devices easily. We can also recommend without hesitation, the latest version 2.0 of Bitcasa, which we find provides the most secure and comprehensive storage solution available today. This means everything from an affordable price to large capacity, high security, and automatic backup of every device you own.
Choosing a reliable online storage provider that’s encrypted, like Bitcasa, means students can have confidence in storing and accessing their stuff from anywhere, even public cafes. Bitcasa is also unique in that it appears as a virtual hard drive, so you already know how to use it.
Bitcasa calls it the Infinite Drive because it’s a hard drive that never runs out of space and never crashes. Even more, it works on all your devices from laptops and desktops to phones and tablets. It will automatically backup all your devices and let you retrieve any past version of a file, even if you delete it.
To protect the files on your laptop, and the photos & videos on your phone or tablet, follow these 3 easy steps:
1. Download Bitcasa from: https://www.bitcasa.com/download
2. Create a Bitcasa Account. Once Bitcasa is installed, you can create a new account or use an existing one if you’ve used the service before.
To backup any folder, just right-click on the folder and select Mirror This Folder to Bitcasa. That’s it! From that point on, any changes you make to that folder will be backed up and encrypted automatically for you — you’ll never have to back up again.
Bonus: Go Back in Time
Other Neat Things You Can Do with Bitcasa
- Free Up Space – When you can’t install any more apps or games, just move your big files to Bitcasa and free up space on your laptop or phone. Go ahead and move your big iTunes or iPhotos folders straight to Bitcasa.
- Back Up Your Phone – In the Bitcasa iOS or Android app, you can turn on Camera Backup to automatically make copies of your photos and videos to Bitcasa. Then you can delete your big videos and take more pictures. Or if you lose your phone, no worries!
- Share Files Fast – Bitcasa lets you share a 5GB file in 5 seconds, or a folder of all your graduation photos with one click. Bitcasa let’s you create a web link for any file or folder and share it over email, twitter, or facebook. Size doesn’t matter and non-Bitcasa users can view your stuff too.
- Stream Movies in 1080p full HD – Want to create your own Netflix or Spotify? From your laptop or your Android device, you can stream your music or videos in full HD. If you have an Apple TV or Chromecast device, you can play it on the big screen!