Rosemary Sea Salt Chicken is so simple and easy to make that you’ll want to make it all the time. It’s simple ingredients, healthy, and made in a cast iron skillet. I love the benefits of using a cast iron skillet to cook in.
A cast iron skillet is easy to clean, you get the benefits of the iron, and there’s just something old-fashioned and good about cooking in an iron skillet.
I admit I rarely used my cast iron skillet until recently, but I am so glad I’ve rediscovered it. Check out the recipe for yourself and I hope you will give it a try:
Rosemary Sea Salt Chicken (Printable Recipe HERE)
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 6 small red potatoes, sliced
- 1 small bag of mini carrots
- 2 TBSP fresh rosemary
- 1 1/2 TBSP sea salt
- pepper to season
- Place your chicken on a plate and salt and pepper the chicken thighs, both sides.
- In cast iron skillet, heat 1/2 of the olive oil over medium/high heat.
- Add the rosemary into the skillet.
- Add chicken thighs and cook for about 5-7 minutes flipping over, cooking on the other side for another 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the chicken thighs from the skillet. Set aside.
- Turn down heat to medium and add the sliced red potatoes, onions, and carrots to the skillet.
- Drizzle olive oil over the veggies. Sprinkle with the sea salt.
- Add the thighs back on top of the veggies and cover.
- Cook for additional 20 minutes. Flip the thighs over half way through the cooking time.
- Remove the skillet from the heat to check the thighs. If done allow the chicken and veggies to rest for 3-5 minutes. If not return to the heat until the thighs are done. Flipping the chicken over half way through the time.
- Serve and enjoy!
Looking for a delicious side dish to pair with the Rosemary Sea Salt Chicken? Try this Carrot Salad with Raisins and Pineapple.
My family loves the wonderful flavors of the rosemary and sea salt in this Rosemary Sea Salt Chicken meal. It’s a one pan, easy, cheap, and delicious dinner any day of the week.
Last week I made a delicious cast iron skillet Honey Lime Chicken recipe.
Remember, if you like this post, please take the time to follow all my projects and finds here on Pinterest. And pin this Rosemary Sea Salt Chicken recipe for later.
If you click through one of these links and buy something, I’ll earn some money, so thank you.
Donna is a Content Creator, Marketer, Brand Ambassador, Social Media Consultant, former teacher, wife, and proud mom. Blog by Donna encompasses all that… she writes about family life and being a woman while weaving in articles about the brands and products she and her family love.