This music inspired article has been brought to you by TakeLessons.com…
I am a firm believer that music IS the universal language. I, however, do not possess any musical ability. Except in my own head. I know I can sure put on a great concert while driving in my car.
I want my son to have every opportunity to appreciate music. I want him to learn how to read music and to play at least one instrument. He is ten now, and has had some guitar lessons (from his dad), and knows the keys on the piano (he can play Mary Had a Little Lamb and Jingle Bells). He hasn’t had any formal lessons.
I think it’s something he could benefit greatly from… we can’t decide between piano or violin.
I recently heard about TakeLessons, an online site that connects families with private music teachers, art instructors, and academic tutors all across the U.S. I put in what type of lessons I was looking for and my zip code and it brought up instructors in my area that met my needs. In my case, I was looking for a piano teacher. Two came up in my immediate area.
What I really like is that they not only provide in home and studio lessons, but online lessons, as well. This would fit our busy schedules perfectly. We meet all the criteria – a computer with a webcam, a skype account, and good internet connection.
About the Lessons:
- Over 30 lesson types available, including guitar, singing, piano, drums, violin, dance, acting, and academic tutoring.
- Lessons available in-studio, in-home or online (via Skype). Lesson prices vary depending on location and length.
- Our most popular lesson package is Quarterly (book 12 lessons, get 1 free). Other packages include month-to-month and Flex (coordinate lesson times as you go along with your instructor)
- 100% Money Back Guarantee. If you’re not satisfied with your first lesson, we’ll find you another teacher, or refund all of your original purchase price, including the first lesson.
- No long-term commitments – switch your schedule, teacher or instrument type at any time
- Teachers available for all ages and all experience levels
TakeLessons.com has a Spring Sale that starts today and runs through Monday, April 1st. Just use the promotional code “SPRINGMUSIC” for 20% off all lesson packages.
Check out these tutorials:
Guitar Instructor Nick F. on how to buy your first guitar
Singing Instructor Monet P. on finding your voice type
Remember it ends April 1st (and that’s no April Fool’s Joke) – use code “SPRINGMUSIC“. Who knows, maybe I’ll sign myself up… you can teach an old dog new tricks!
Disclosure: I was compensated for sharing this awesome information. As always my opinions are 100% my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.
Donna is a Content Creator, Marketer, Brand Ambassador, Social Media Consultant, former teacher, wife, and proud mom. Blog by Donna encompasses all that… she writes about family life and being a woman while weaving in articles about the brands and products she and her family love.