Here is another great summer salad recipe that is great for lunch or as a side salad with dinner. I hope you enjoy it!
2 cups fresh shelled peas (about 1-1/2 pounds unshelled) or frozen peas
6 cups arugula or baby spinach
4 cups baby swiss chard, torn red-tip leaf lettuce, or torn romaine lettuce
1 cup 3- to 4-inch strips green onions
1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
1 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup salad oil or olive oil
1/2 cup borage flowers or other edible flowers (optional)
- In a medium stainless steel or enamel saucepan, combine strawberries and vinegar. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Pour the vinegar-berry mixture through a fine-mesh strainer; let the liquid drain into a bowl. Discard the berries. Transfer vinegar to a jar or bottle. Cover tightly with a nonmetallic lid (or cover with plastic wrap and tightly seal with a metal lid). Chill for at least one hour. (Store in the refrigerator up to 6 months).
- In a medium saucepan cook peas, covered, in a small amount of boiling salted water for 3 minutes. Drain and cool. Arrange peas, arugula, baby swiss chard, and green onions in rows in a large platter or in a serving bowl.
- In a screw-top jar, combine 1/4 cup of the vinegar-berry mixture and salad oil. Cover; shake well. Drizzle over salad.
- Garnish with borage flowers or other edible flowers.
- Store any remaining dressing in the refrigerator.
Makes 8 to 10 servings.
If you have any summer salad recipes share them with us. Hope to hear from you! Enjoy Life!!!
Donna is a Content Creator, Marketer, Brand Ambassador, Social Media Consultant, former teacher, wife, and proud mom. Blog by Donna encompasses all that… she writes about family life and being a woman while weaving in articles about the brands and products she and her family love.