It is time for soup my friends. And, taco soup is one of my family’s favorites. I usually make soups in the crockpot, but since getting my Instant Pot a couple of months ago… it’s taco soup in the instant pot from now on.
It’s so quick and just like the slow cooker, just throw in the ingredients, and approximately an hour later the soup is ready to eat.
You can find more Instant Pot recipes I’ve been making and try them for yourself.
While it’s cooking I can do other things or nothing at all.
Taco Tuesday Not Just For Tacos
I love making this taco soup recipe all year round, but in the fall and winter, I make it more often. I even sometimes make it for Taco Tuesday.
Instant Pot Taco Soup Recipe
Prep: 5 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 10 oz cans Rotel
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 15.5 oz can seasoned black beans, drained
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 10 oz bag frozen corn
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ cup of water
- Add all of your ingredients for the taco soup to the instant pot. Give it a good stir to make sure that everything is incorporated well.
- Close the instant pot on your lid by twisting it closed. Close the valve to seal the pressure by pushing the valve away from you.
- Set your instant pot to high pressure for 10 minutes. After the instant pot has completed, do a quick release by pulling the valve toward you to release the pressure.
- Remove the chicken breast from the instant pot and transfer it to a cutting board. Shred your chicken, and then add back to your instant pot. Mix well.
Serve as is, or top your taco soup with your favorite toppings such as sour cream, tortilla chips/strips, cilantro, cheese, green onions, and more!
If you love Taco Soup you may also like my Pork Carnitas recipe made in the instant pot or this make and freeze ahead Chicken Taquitos. And you can also enjoy desserts in the instant pot like this Flourless Chocolate Cake recipe.
Donna is a Content Creator, Marketer, Brand Ambassador, Social Media Consultant, former teacher, wife, and proud mom. Blog by Donna encompasses all that… she writes about family life and being a woman while weaving in articles about the brands and products she and her family love.