Chocolate. A thing of beauty. I, like most people, love chocolate. And in my home Cheerios is the cereal of choice. So when I heard that two of my favorite things were coming together… well, I was one happy woman. It reminded me of one of my favorite quotations – “There are four basic food groups, milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate, and chocolate truffles”. And now I’ll add chocolate Cheerios.
I’m very happy to host this review/giveaway of Chocolate Cheerios by General Mills. When I received my Chocolate Cheerios Gift Pack from Cheerios and My Blog Spark I was quite intrigued. See I love Honey Nut Cheerios. Yes, I love chocolate… but I wasn’t sure if I wanted them to mess with the yummy goodness of the Honey Nut Cheerios.
I’m pleased to say I was pleasantly surprised. Now we have another favorite cereal in our home. My husband, son and I agree they are delicious!
Cheerios and My Blog Spark would love to award one lucky Blog by Donna reader the following gift package:
- Box of Chocolate Cheerios
- A "chocolate" ceramic cereal bowl
- A cool assortment of chocolate scented bath products including a bath scrubby, chocolate soap, chocolate body wash and chocolate bath salts.
To enter, please leave a comment telling us what you and your family do to start your day off with a smile or what was the best chocolate you ever ate was.
If you would like more chances to win, you can:
- Become a fan of Blog by Donna on Facebook (in the right sidebar), leave another comment saying you’re a FB fan and get 2 extra entries.
- Subscribe to Blog by Donna and leave another comment stating you’ve subscribed for 2 extra entries.
- Grab a Blog by Donna badge on the right and put it on your blog or site and leave a comment with the link to where you added it for 5 extra entries.
- Blog about this contest with a link to this contest on your blog for 5 extra entries.
This contest ends February 5, 2010 at 5:00 pm EST. I will draw a winner from Random.org and announce the winner by email. You will have 48 hours to claim your prize, at which time a new winner will be drawn.
(Please note: This product was given to Blog by Donna for review and giveaway by Cheerios through My Blog Spark for review purposes only, and is not considered by us as payment for the review, we do not, and never will, accept payment from companies to review their products.)
Chocolate Cheerios is low in fat, heart healthy*, has 100 calories per serving, contains at least 8 grams of whole grain per serving (at least 48 grams recommended daily), and is a good source of calcium and vitamin D. Made with real cocoa, Chocolate Cheerios can help your family start the day off right with a delicious and nutritious breakfast that is sure to make you smile!
Chocolate Cheerios® Marshmallow Hearts
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Start to Finish: 1 Hour 45 Minutes
1 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
1 cup Chocolate Cheerios® cereal, crushed
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups miniature marshmallows
2/3 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 bag (11.5 ounces) milk chocolate chips
4 cups Chocolate Cheerios® cereal
Candy sprinkles, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line bottom and sides of 13×9-inch pan with foil. In large bowl, mix all crust ingredients except marshmallows with electric mixer on low speed until crumbly. Press firmly into bottom of pan.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from oven. Immediately sprinkle with marshmallows. Return to oven; bake an additional 1 to 2 minutes or until marshmallows just begin to puff. Cool while preparing topping.
- In large saucepan, place all topping ingredients except cereal and sprinkles. Heat over medium-low heat just until chips are melted and mixture is smooth, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in 4 cups cereal. Immediately spoon warm topping over marshmallows; spread to cover. Sprinkle with candy sprinkles. Cool completely, at least 1 hour.
- Using foil to lift, remove mixture from pan; remove foil. With deep 2 1/2-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out 18 hearts. Store loosely covered.
Donna is a Professional Blogger, Brand Ambassador, Social Media Consultant, Freelancer, wife, and proud mom. Blog by Donna encompasses all that… she writes about family life and being a woman while weaving in articles about the brands and products she and her family love.