Dad’s favorite place to spend most of his free time is usually in the garage building things or working on his hobbies. This is the one place where he has free rein on incorporating his personality into the design of the room. Whether your dad is into vintage automobiles, sports or woodworking, there are several cool gift ideas that would enhance his garage area and experience.
1. A portable work station. Many dads don’t have a lot of room for a full workshop. This is a great gift because it gives dad an area to work on when he needs one in a pinch. With little effort, a portable work station can transform from a handcart to a workbench within a few minutes. When dad is done using the portable station, he can neatly store it away after he is done working on it. And because
2. Air conditioning and heat. Working in the garage in extreme heat or cold can make it an uncomfortable situation for any dad. If you want to make sure dad is comfortable while working in his garage, then give him the gift of air conditioning and heat so he can comfortably work even if the weather outside is extreme.
3. Speakers. Any music-loving dad who spends a lot of time tinkering in the garage needs to be able to jam out to some great tunes. Give dad a great pair of speakers for his garage that will fit most amplifiers, while offering the highest quality of sound. The look of metal covered speakers would be a great choice because it would complement most tool chests and cabinets. If dad is a bit more tech-savvy, there are several Bluetooth speakers that he can buy and stream music from his smartphone or tablet.
4. All-weather televisions. Most dads like to enjoy a little downtime by relaxing in their garage after a long day of work. Imagine the look on dad’s face when he walks into his garage and sees an all-weather television installed on the wall. Now dad can catch a game while working on his latest project. All-weather televisions are designed to withstand intense weather changes, rain, scratches and dirt.
5. Recreational-use car lifts. Anyone who has worked on the underside of a car knows how difficult it can be. If you see your dad struggling to fix his car, solve the problem by installing recreational-use car lifts in his garage so he doesn’t have to twist and maneuver along the car. A car lift is a garage gift that can be a little pricey, but any dad will truly appreciate.
Author Brian Russo works with Ross Door, a provider of stylis garage doors in Australia. He often struggles with finding perfect gifts for his car-loving father and compiled this list in hopes of helping others who struggle, too.