Disclosure: This is a sponsored conversation with TheMotherhood. All opinions are 100% my own and may differ from yours. I will only endorse companies, products and services that I believe, based on my own experiences, are worthy of endorsement.
I am proud to be one of the 39 moms (39 represents the number of weeks for a full-term pregnancy) called MoDSquad, chosen to help share and inform parents about what a very special organization, March of Dimes, is doing with the campaign ImBornTo.
ImBornTo acknowledges that every baby is special. Every baby is born for greatness. Every baby is born with a purpose. However, babies can’t do it alone. With your support, March of Dimes can help babies be born strong and healthy so they can grow up to achieve their purpose.
I was fortunate to have had a full-term baby (although I went 10 days past my due date, he was breech and I had to have an emergency c-section). He was born healthy and I had no complications.
My sweet baby boy was born to fill my life with so much love and joy. He loves to act and has been in many plays at our local children’s theatre… he was born to entertain and to make people laugh. He is so smart and I know that he was born to do some amazing things.
Although my son was born healthy, I was glad to know the March of Dimes was there if I needed them.
About March of Dimes
The March of Dimes was founded in 1938 by President Franklin D. Roosevelt to combat polio. We accomplished that mission but never stopped protecting the health of America’s children. March of Dimes-funded research has saved millions of babies from death or disability. New research offers hope for treatments and preventions for serious problems, like birth defects and premature birth.
Today, the March of Dimes is inspired by all babies – those born healthy and those who need help to survive and thrive. These babies are the millions of reasons behind our urgent mission and why the March of Dimes:
- supports all important research into the causes and preventions for premature birth and birth defects
- fights for health insurance for all pregnant women and children
- pushes for expanded newborn screening that could save lives and prevent disabilities
- reaches out to women with healthy pregnancy information and services
- provides comfort and information to families with a newborn in intensive care
This Mother’s Day and Father’s Day, March of Dimes has partnered with businesses that want to help babies reach their greatness. We can do our part by shopping at one or more of these merchants, donate, or take part in partner promotions to support the cause. You can visit imbornto.com to learn more about special Mother’s Day and Father’s Day offers from one of their partners:
- Mud Pie – will donate $2 to the #imbornto campaign for every Bella Bar, Mom Bar and Mommy and Me jewelry item purchased for Mother’s Day. In addition, Mud Pie will donate 10¢ from each baby headband or sock purchase to the March of Dimes throughout the year.
- Bon-Ton (and sister stores) – This May, with any $75 fragrance purchase for Mom (or yourself), you can receive a fragrance atomizer for just $1, filled with your choice of fragrance. 100% of the atomizer purchase will benefit the March of Dimes. Starting April 30 when you donate $3, you’ll receive a $10-off coupon for your purchase of $25 or more. Or shop online, donate $3 and receive 25% off!
- Martha Stewart – Join the #THX2U movement and share your appreciation of Mom with the world. Upload a baby picture of your child, grandchild, or yourself using the hashtag #THX2U, and $10 of the Emeril/MSLO/Meredith donation will be recognized for each uploaded photo in support of the imbornto campaign.
- eBay – Visit eBay’s Charity Shop for Mother’s Day gifts where proceeds from your purchase support the March of Dimes. Also, from May 4 – 11 you will be able to make a donation to the March of Dimes at checkout when making purchases on eBay.
- A&E Jewelers – will donate 20% of the price of each twinkling Swarovski encrusted sterling silver March of Dimes Enchanted “Healthy Beginnings” Necklace available in three stone options.
- Alex and Ani – will donate 20% of the purchase price* from each Special Delivery Charm Bangle sold, with a minimum donation of $25,000, between March 2015 and December 2015, to the March of Dimes.
- Kmart – Now through June 20, 2015 Kmart, the #1 March of Dimes fundraiser for more than 30 years, will donate $1 from the in-store or online purchase of each puppy figurine to the March of Dimes (minimum donation of $30,000). Kmart and the March of Dimes are proud to work together for stronger, healthier babies.
I will be shopping at one or more of these places for myself and for my own mom. It’s a win-win for everyone.
I’m not forgetting dads, because they are special, too. Next month I’ll be sharing some Father’s Day deals!