Strawberry, lemonade, and mojito are three things that scream summer to me. Combine the three into a drink and you have the perfect combination. You can make a strawberry lemonade for the kids or for a hot day by the pool all summer long.
Or add the lemonade to a lime mojito for a refreshing adult drink. It’s a win-win for everyone.
- 1 cup and 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups fresh strawberries stems removed and quartered
- 4 lemons to equal 2 cups fresh lemon juice
- 2 limes to equal a 1/2 cup of Lime juice
- 6 cups cold water
- Using a blender add the chopped strawberries and 1 teaspoon of sugar puree for 45 seconds
- In a small pot, add sugar and water bring to a boil
- Once you reach a boil remove from heat and let cool fro 30 minutes
- Add the strawberries, and lemon juice into the sugar water and stir until combined
- Pour the strawberry mix into a pitcher and add the cold water
- Mint (finely chopped)
- Strawberry lemonade (directions above)
- 2oz Rum
- 1oz Citron vodka
- Strawberries for garnish
- 2 lemon slices for fresh fruit in the cocktail
- Lime slices for garnish
- In an 8oz glass filled 1/2 way with ice
- Add the rum and vodka and finely chopped mint
- Lightly stir
- Top off with fresh strawberry lemonade
- Garnish with a strawberry and lime wheel
Fix up a couple of pitchers of the lemonade and the mojitos for your next cookout, picnic, or pool party.
If you’re looking for more recipes to use strawberries in this summer, try this Strawberry Walnut salad with a homemade strawberry poppy seed dressing.
What’s your favorite drinks to make in the summer?