If you’re looking for a tasty easy Halloween drink for the kids (of any age) that will be a big hit throughout the whole month of October, this Spooky Hot Cocoa is it!
Who doesn’t love hot chocolate? I mean really… who? It’s the perfect fall and winter drink, and by adding some spooky ghosts, kids are going to flip. Flip I say! Here’s a quick and easy spooky hot cocoa recipe with some spooky ghosts:
Spooky Hot Cocoa
- 1 tbs. Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 C. Agave Nectar (or ½ C. sugar)
- 1 ¾ C. Milk + ¼ C. of Milk
- Mini Marshmallows
- Wilton black edible marker (located in the Wilton section at craft stores and major retailers)
1. Start by drawing faces on the mini marshmallows – this is the perfect fine motor activity for the kids and fun! They don’t have to be perfect.
2. In a small sauce pan, combine the cocoa powder, and sugar mixing well. Add in the ¼ cup of milk and bring to a boil. Slowly add in the rest of the milk and boil for about 30 seconds allowing the milk and chocolate mixture to meld.
Pour into mugs and serve with your spooky ghost marshmallows and enjoy!
Makes about 2 servings.
This spooky hot cocoa recipe would be a great beverage at a Halloween party or at a bonfire, too!