Rush, rush, rush. This is what mornings used to be like in our home. My son would get breakfast, but usually my husband and I would just skip breakfast. Who had the time?
Now don’t get me wrong, mornings are still busy here during the school year. But now that school has been back for a month now, I have finally got things running more smoothly.
One thing that makes mornings easier, as well as getting our day started off on the right foot, is to eat breakfast. We love Rice Krispies!
Rice Krispies, brings back such fond memories of my childhood. I use to love to listen to the Snap! Crackle! and Pop! Seriously, I would sit with my ear close to my cereal bowl, listening. My sister, brother, and I just loved it. My brother thought it was the 3 Rice Krispies guys making the sounds. Hee-hee.
With vitamin- and mineral-fortified Kellogg’s Rice Krispies cereal, I don’t need to worry about sacrificing nutrition when getting my family out the door each morning. Rice Krispies cereal is made with simple ingredients and is fortified with 11 essential vitamins and minerals. Starting our mornings off with cereals like Rice Krispies definitely gets us going in the right direction.
Share your back-to-school magic breakfast moments sparked by Kellogg’s Rice Krispies on their Facebook fan page at https://www.facebook.com/ricekrispies.
Here are a few tips that I have found that make our mornings easier:
Prepare, Prepare, Prepare
Did I say, “Prepare?” Seriously, the biggest and best tip I can give to you to make mornings less hectic, is preparation. It can make all the difference. Here are some ideas…
- Pack school lunches the night before – This will make your mornings much more stress-free. And really, who wants to be making sandwiches at 6:30 in the morning?
- Lay out school clothes – This is easy if you have young kids. My son is nine, and will lay whatever I lay out for him. If you have older kids, you just need to get them into the habit of picking out their clothes before going to bed.
- Always do homework the night before – We make sure to always check our son’s homework folder to make sure it gets done before bedtime. Nothing more frustrating than having a child rush through homework so early in the morning.
- Have backpacks ready to go – Anything that needs to go back to school the next day is put into the backpack before going to bed. That way they can just grab it as they go out the door.
- Keep a basket/container by the door to keep car keys – If you take your children to school like we do, there’s nothing worse than starting out the door only to discover you can’t find your keys. So have a designated place for them.
These are just a few tips, but I hope they can help you make your mornings less hectic.
I have some great news! I have a Rice Krispies prize pack to giveaway to a Blog by Donna reader.
- One box of Rice Krispies cereal
- One set of four fun cereal bowls
- One Kellogg’s retro character scrapbook album
To enter, fill out the Rafflecopter form below. Good luck!
Disclosure: I have received compensation from TheMotherhood for my participation in this campaign. As awways pinions 100% my own and may differ from yours.