If you are looking for some family fun Christian crafts, this Paid in Full Coin Cross craft is perfect. It’s a great DIY craft for Vacation Bible School, Sunday School class, and would be an ideal craft for Easter.
This is a craft that helps children understand Christ’s love for them, and how he has paid for their sins through his death. The coin cross is symbolic of our sins being “paid” for through the cross, a wonderful message for children to learn and embrace.
Take a look at how you can make your own Paid in Full Coin Cross Craft with just a few simple supplies.
Here is what you will need:
- 2 wood craft sticks
- Craft glue
- About a dozen pennies
- 4 nickels
- Begin the activity by explaining the purpose of the craft. You can begin with a Bible passage, brief story, etc. Explaining the symbolism behind the craft is essential.
- Break one of the craft sticks in half. Your upper horizontal stick does not need to be as long as the base/vertical stick. File the rough edge with a piece of sand paper if you need to.
- Cross the two wooden sticks over each other to create the cross. Use some craft glue to secure the pieces of wood together.
- Once the wood pieces are dry, apply a layer of pennies. Use craft glue to glue the pennies to the wood in a single layer.
- Add additional layers of pennies to cover any bare spots and create some texture to the piece.
- Finish the cross by applying glue to the nickels and pressing them to the four points of the cross as we did.
Allow plenty of time for your coin cross to dry. Once it is, you can add string for hanging or just display it on a dresser or bookshelf. It is a wonderful reminder that our sins are paid for in full!
This is the perfect craft for children to learn to embrace their Christian faith.