We love sandwiches in our home. Especially my husband. It’s because it’s something he feels comfortable preparing himself. And he loves making paninis. Seriously, it’s become an obsession with him. His favorite kitchen appliance is our Griddler Panini and Sandwich Press.
I think he would make paninis and sandwiches every day, if he could. Hey, who am I to complain? He’s making meals for me. And on the mornings that I have to be at my son’s school or have an early appointment… I know he can make his own breakfast. As long as I make sure there’s FoldIt Flatout Bread and he has his Panini/Sandwich press, the man is golden.
FoldIt Flatout Bread make great sammies for my son’s lunch, too.
I love that you can find Flatout Hungry Girl Flatbread at Walgreens. I don’t advice stopping for Hungry Girl Flatout bread the day before a predicted ice storm, though. Luckily that day there was one package left. Shew, that was close.
Speaking of sandwiches — I made two delicious ones recently. For lunch, I’m usually looking for something quick. Quick, doesn’t mean fast food or unhealthy, though. I ended up making a cold Tuna Flatout flatbread sandwich.
Cold Tuna Flatout Flatbread Sandwich
- 1 Can/Package Tuna (packed in water)
- 1/2 Cup Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 – 1 Small Cucumber
- 1 Small Tomato
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- Sliced red onion
- Spinach, lettuce, or spring mix.
6 Hungry Girl FoldIt Flatout Flatbread
- Empty tuna into bowl.
- Dice/cube cucumber and tomato.
- Mix cucumber and tomato into tuna.
- Mix in Greek yogurt until incorporated into tuna.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon tuna onto the FoldIt Flatout flatbread and top with red onion and spinach leaves.
This sandwich is quick, easy and healthy, with approximately 140 calories a serving.
Then for dinner I wanted to make a hot sandwich. I thought out of the box for this recipe, because I didn’t want just any hot sandwich. One of my favorite foods, ever, is fish tacos. Love ‘em! This got me to thinking that I could make a fish taco Flatout flatbread sandwich.
I’m so glad I tried this, because it is so good!
Fish Taco Flatout Flatbread Hot Sandwich
- 1 pound white flaky fish (like tilapia or cod, etc)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. Hot Mexican-Style chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice from one lime
- 1 jalapeno pepper (optional)
- salt/pepper to taste
- 2 cups cabbage – shredded
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- Shredded Mexican cheese or Monterrey Jack
- Pico de gallo (make your own or store bought)
6 Hungry Girl FoldIt Flatout Wheat Flatbread
- Cut up fish and place in bowl.
- Mix olive oil, chili powder, cumin cilantro, and lime. (Because my son doesn’t like foods too hot, I skipped the jalapeno pepper).
- Pour over fish and marinade at least 20 minutes, or up to 24 hours.
- Spoon fish onto flatout flatbread.
- Add a little cheese, pico de gallo, and cabbage.
- Fold over and place on panini or sandwich press. Close lid and set timer for 2 minutes.
This is another healthy, low calorie meal at 200 calories a sandwich. You can make this fish taco sandwich with your own favorite fish taco recipe if you want. And who says a fish taco can’t be on flatbread? Not me!
I went to another Walgreens over the weekend and picked up some Hungry Girl FoldIt Flatout ‘Rosemary & Olive Oil’ bread… can’t wait to see what Italian themed cold and hot sandwiches I can come up with for it!
Disclosure: I was compensated by The Motherhood for this post. As always opinions are 100% mine own. I only work with brands I love.